The Telesales Account Manager, Comics and Independent Specialist is responsible for selling our complete list—S&S Wholly Owned Adult, Children's, Audio, and Distribution Clients—to more than 63 comic accounts, as well as other general independent bookstores.
The Telesales Account Manager, Comics and Independent Specialist is required to perform sales analysis to make recommendations on product selection and volume to their accounts based on knowledge of their customer as well as Simon & Schuster priorities. Responsibilities include seasonal sales calls, influencing buyers, managing coop budgets, planning promotional placement in-store and online, proactively soliciting frontlist and backlist orders, managing sales order processing, and managing operational issues around stock, orders, and shipment.
• Minimum 2 years of sales experience in a mid-size or large publishing company.
• Experience in the comic marketplace a plus.
• Retail account experience a plus.
• Experience with sales order processing and account analysis.
• Experience and strong ability using Edelweiss and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and deal with a high volume of transactions.
• Attention to detail is critical.
• Strong, passionate comic reader and enthusiast