The Great Lakes Independent Booksellers Association is amending its board member nomination process to encourage new and diverse voices to represent our region and to promote self-nominations.
GLIBA Board Terms are served in two two-year terms. If a board member is a member of the Executive Committee during their second term, they may serve a third two-year term for a total of six years.
Current annual in-person meeting schedule consists of Spring Forum (March/April), Heartland Fall Forum (October), November meeting. As well as two conference calls. Due to travel and meeting restrictions all upcoming events and meetings will be held via video call. Our annual schedule shifts as determined by the board and additional events may be added.
• Board members are responsible for the scheduling of their travel to and from all GLIBA sponsored events.
• GLIBA is responsible for booking all accommodations for board members for all sponsored events.
• GLIBA will reimburse board members for travel to and from all GLIBA sponsored events.
• GLIBA will pay for accommodations for all GLIBA sponsored events with the exception of Heartland Fall Forum.
• GLIBA will reimburse board members for two nights during Heartland Fall Forum.
To self-nominate, please use "Self-Nomination" section. To nominate an individual please skip to the "Nominate" section.