Membership is open to anyone involved in the book business. Our primary states are Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio, but the GLIBA welcomes members from outside the region.
- Bookstore Business (Core) Membership: Annual Dues are $100. We have two membership periods December 1st-November 30th or June 1st-May 31st. Bookstore is defined as an independent, privately held bricks and mortar retail storefront. Bookstore Business members are considered our core membership, and are eligible to serve as officers on the GLIBA Board and to vote on membership matters.Multiple store memberships:$100 for 1st store location, $50 each for multiple store memberships (after initial $100). Limited to multiple stores under same ownership.
- Affiliated Membership: Annual dues are $175. This includes publishers, sales reps, wholesalers, media, sidelines and other vendors, and authors with books in print. Affiliated members are not eligible to vote or to serve as officers of GLIBA.
- Individual Memberships: Annual dues are $100. This category includes librarians, teachers, and prospective Booksellers. Individual members are not eligible to vote or to serve as officers of GLIBA.
- The Benefits and Opportunities:
- Heartland Broadside Online (email newsletter)
- Up to 12,500 FREE Holiday Catalogs
- Free Booksellers MemberAdmission to Heartland Fall Forum
- Educational Seminars
- Bestseller List (weekly)
- Great Lakes Great Reads
- Means for idea exchange and to achieve unity on projects of common interest
Other education and professional development opportunities throughout the year.
Sign up today for your GLIBA membership by using the membership forms for Booksellers/Librarians or for Affiliate Members. Fax to (734)879-1129 or mail it to us at the address below. Or you may email us at email@example.com or call the office at (888)736-3096 with your request and/or questions.