Join the Party on April 29th!
Independent Bookstore Day is set for April 29, 2017. Here is your chance to strut your stuff and show the world that the rumors of our death have been greatly exaggerated (thanks Mark Twain!). The best way to get your community excited about IBD is to start NOW!
Don't forget that you must be a GLIBA member to receive the specially made items or to be on the official list of participating stores.
- Put a link to the IBD page on your store's home page (www.indiebookstoreday.com)
- Include a countdown clock to IBD on your homepage. (available for free here: www.timeanddate.com/clocks/freecountdown.html)
- Create an IBD specific page on your website. There are images for all the IBD items that are free to use. Be sure to list all the details for your store's plans and events. You can make one now and populate it later.
- Add IBD to your store event calendar
- Social Media WORKS! Create Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts if you don't already have them. Instructions can be found on the IBD site (see above)
- Start scheduling your events!
Here is a link to the slideshow presented at Winter Institute.